Monday, July 03, 2006

The Burn...

Last Thursday was a wonderful summer day. My child and her psuedo sister went to swimming lessons in a nearby town. My psuedo cousin and I watched our girls and her sweet little boys as the girls worked on jumping off the diving board and swimming in the deep end of the pool.

After lessons we went in search of the perfect picnic spot and after much looking finally found the right place, at my father's former elementary school. We sat in the shade and ate our meals and then the kids played on the playground equipment. A very nice young man was very friendly by saying hi and asking us where we were from. We discovered he would be in fourth grade next year at that very school. Soon his mom came to pick him and his siblings up.

We cleaned our area and then headed back to the pool. That is the cleanest looking pool I've seen in years. Everyone got in and played. It wasn't crowded and my psuedo cousin and I both nearing our thirties....each jumped off the diving board twice and went down the slide once.

The kids loved it. The baby had a blast in his floaty just splashing and laughing. The three year old quickly realized he could float in his floaty suit and had fun. My daughter worked on just swimming around in the shallow end while her psuedo sister jumped off the diving board and slid down the slide. We all had so much fun. This is the day I will think about when it is cold outside and I'm sitting in my classroom wanting a break from school.

Now when we got home we were all exhausted and sunburned. Some more than others. We had put on sunscreen, but failed to reapply it and make sure it was in all the right places. I would fall under the most sunburned. It was painful to sleep, painful to move, and painful to be awake.

It's now Monday and the pain is about 80% gone and now a wonderful itch has replaced the pain. I'm not sure what is worse... My skin looks like something from an alien movie. Despite my annoyances, I wouldn't trade Thursday for anything. In fact, I can't wait to heal so we can do it again!

2 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Carmah said...

Who are you??????

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Carmah said...

We will definately have to do better with the sunscreen! I'm not going to burn like that ever again....didn't I say that before...oh well...a t-shirt might help also!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home